Saturday 3 August 2013

When I started this blog it was to be an opportunity to reexamine the memoir I am trying to write as a legacy for my children. It is intended to be a brief history of my side of the Morris family along with a few of the experiences that gave meaning and substance to my life in the hope the memoir will do the same to theirs. The idea of passing on to the next generation a bit of the past, especially my own  began in 2001, the beginning of the "Age of Aquarius".

It was the beginning of a new millennium and my life. I had just retired and faced a future for which I was unprepared and knew nothing about. This is an event that every individual must someday have to face.Perhaps it will be with joy and excitement and not with confusion and delusion. Retirement is unique because it must be lived to be understood. And that makes each day special, an adventure to be anticipated and embraced.

Two thousand one (2001) was also the Chinese year of the Snake an ancient symbol of knowledge and wisdom. It was believed by many to be the beginning of the promised thousand years of peace. However looking at the conditions that existed in the world  at the time this did not seem to be the remotest realm of possibility.

But we are an optimistic people and we still believe in miracles. This memoir if it is ever finished might be one of them. I hope so for my peace of mind and my children and grandchildren legacy.

In writing this blog I will included a few comments concerning several very special people who were very important to me in one way or another. The first is very grand old lady, the mother of a high school classmate, Albert Metcalfe. Their kindness to me during my junior and senior years in high school cannot be measured with thanks but in recognition. So if the immortality of an individual exist as long as they are remembered by at least one individual then Albert and Mrs. M. will have achieved that status as long as this memoir and my family history continues to exist. In time the how and how will be mentioned. But it is necessary to close this segment for the moment in order to take my grandson to his hip-hop class. Later.   

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are getting the hang of this blogging thing, Carl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a new follower!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete