Tuesday 30 July 2013

Today is Monday at times the most confusing day of the week. It can be a joyful occasion or a dismal prospect for a number of reasons. Monday's were at one time the connecting link between my two families, the one at home and the one at work. There were times when it was hard to determined which was more important, the quality time I spent with one or the necessary time I spent with the other in order to fulfill the necessary needs of both. There were many times when the needs of one would override the needs of the other. The conflicts generated by the individual needs of both were eliminated when I retired. Reduced to a one family obligation I no longer have that problem. Monday's are now just another day on the calendar.

My family is scattered across the land and just the wife left behind. Over the years we have become so compatible with each other that there is to need to speak. It is as if we are able to communicate by telepathy. While this is a nice comfortable relationship and has reduced the stress of a once workaholic week it does nothing to filling the boring extension of time between sunrise and sunset. There is a need and a compulsion to occupied the emptiness created by that retirement. Thus this blog, my memoirs and on occasions a random thought or two to share with those who take the time to read what I do diligently try to write as day by day I bring something worthwhile to my golden years.      

No comments:

Post a Comment